of the itsme® app
What kind of Personal Data itsme® deals with?
itsme® is all about identity, security and privacy. We need at a minimum the following data to offer you the itsme® service(s):
- Identification data: Basically the information as on your eID card
- Security data: to protect you and the online services you use through itsme®, we use information from your phone and SIM. This includes your location, as in: country indication only
- Transactions: you will be able to proof what you did, or did not, confirm to with itsme®, up to 10 years after your last use of our service
- Enrolment data: information on your initial enrolment to itsme®.
Why and how itsme® uses your data?
In the first place, we use your data to perform the itsme® services you want: share data (only if you agree), login, confirm transactions
This includes archiving for evidentiary purposes
- To keep you informed of changes to the itsme® services
- To respond to questions you may have
- To check the use of the itsme® services, also after marketing campaigns
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our itsme® services
Note that the data that we collected for the use of the App will not be used by us for direct marketing
You are in control of your data, anytime, anywhere
- You can access your data via the App and update it
- You can block your itsme® services at any time
- You can have your data removed from our operational systems
How itsme® protects your data
- We at Belgian Mobile ID always encrypt your data, when stored or when communicated to a service provider (if - and only if - you agreed to it, off course)
- Your data is, very, securely stored in the safest Data Center in Belgium we could find, and will not leave the Europe
- We went so far as to have external auditors validate our security: check our ISO 27001 certification